Lavender is a scent that reminds me of summer. If you grow lavender in your flower garden and sit outside, that heavenly scent will drift in and out of your seating area. I find the scent of lavender to be calming, and there is scientific evidence to back that claim up, which is why I make up a batch of my DIY lavender fabric and linen spray and use it often.
Uses For DIY Lavender Fabric and Linen Spray
- Pillows, Blankets, and Sheets A few sprays of lavender for up to half an hour on your bed linens can give you a deeper sleep.
The Science Behind Sleep & Lavender
Aromatherapy (including lavender) is currently used worldwide in the management of chronic pain, depression, anxiety, some cognitive disorders, insomnia, and stress-related disorders. Source
Studies supporting lavender oil as a sleeping aid are solid, even though they’re few in number, according to Dr. Charlene Gamaldo, medical director of the Johns Hopkins Center for Sleep and Wellness. With her patients, Gamaldo is open to discussing lavender treatments via teas, oils, lotion, and sprays, as a non-prescription strategy.
“Lavender compound specifically has been one of the most studied,” Gamaldo said.
2.) Room Spray When Anxious
Lavender has a long history of medicinal use and is suggested to possess anticonvulsant, antidepressive, anxiolytic, sedative, and calming properties.
In intensive care units (ICUs), it was studied and found that patients cannot sleep well. Aromatherapy is also used for depression, anxiety, relaxation, and disorders related to sleep and stress.
Linalool is a naturally occurring essential oil found in many plants and it is one of cannabis’ most commonly-found terpenes. Linalool is the most common terpene in lavender. Lavender has a sedative effect.
3.) It Just Smells Good
I enjoy the scent of lavender, it just smells good. So, I will use it as a fabric fresher for towels, spray-down rugs, and curtains to give the house a fresh scent for a small period of time.
Recipe For Lavender Linen and Fabric Spray
- 6 drops of lavender essential oil
- 1 teaspoon witch hazel
- 1/2 cup distilled water
- Dark-colored spray bottle
- Small funnel
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Place the funnel into the opening of your spray bottle.
- Measure out 1/2 cup of distilled water and pour it into the spray bottle.
- Measure out 1 teaspoon of witch hazel (needed to keep bacteria from growing) but you can also use vodka. Vodka would suit the same purpose.
- Add 6 drops of lavender essential oil. I sometimes add a few more drops, but that is your starting point.
- Replace the spray bottle cap and shake.
Notes: Spot-test any fabrics you wish to spray the linen and fabric refresher on. The spray does have oil in it. I haven’t had an issue with anything I have sprayed it on, but it is always a good idea to test before spraying it everywhere.
How To Adhere Labels To The Bottle
- Print the labels
- Cut them out
- Use regular white school glue to paste them onto the bottle.
How To Print The Pattern
Download the labels to a desktop computer.
How The Labels Can Be Used
- Labels are for personal use and gift-giving needs only. Do not use the labels on a product you sell.
- The design labels or PDF files can not be used on a website you own.
The file can be downloaded the file and will print on a single sheet of paper with 6 labels. Do not download the image and upload it to a website you own.
Thank you for stopping in! Here is wishing you peace, health, and a relaxed environment.
Not a Substitute for Medical Advice. I am not a doctor and any information accessed on or provided through the Site are for informational purposes only, is not a substitute for the advice of a medical professional, and does not contain or constitute, and should not be interpreted as, medical advice or opinion.
Find Me On:
I do not post regularly on social media. But, if I post publicly you will find me on one of the platforms below.
Last update was in Dec 2022.
This site contains affiliate links that may provide a small compensation to me —-> at no additional cost to you. You can read more about it under Site Wide Disclaimer.