Follow the recipe for these birdseed ornaments and the next day you have a sweet treat for your birds. The ornaments would make wonderful holiday gifts for friends and family as well as wedding favors for your guests.
- 4 cups birdseed
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 package unflavored gelatin
- 3 Tablespoons light corn syrup
How Many Ornaments Does A Batch Make?
- The number of ornaments a batch will make is decided on the size of the cookie cutter or mold that is used.
- If making a large number of ornaments for any special occasion I’d suggest making one batch and testing the number of ornaments you will get out of the recipe.
Molds & Cutters
- Use a metal cookie cutters to press the mixture into to harden.
- Use flex molds to pack and shape the mixture.
- Be sure to use non-stick cooking spray and spray your desired shaping tool.
Here is How I Made Mine
Besides Feeding Your Own Birds The Ornaments Make Excellent Favors & Gifts
Use As A Wedding Favor
Color coordinate ribbon and cellophane wrap along with your custom tag for an extra special gift thanking your wedding guests for sharing the joy of celebrating your new life together as husband and wife.
Tag Sayings Poem & Ideas For Weddings
Wedding Idea #1
Use a bird-shaped cookie cutter to mold ornaments. Add a tag that says from the love birds.
Wedding Idea #2
Use a heart cookie cutter to mold ornaments.
Add a tag that says:
Once in a while
Right in the middle of ordinary life,
Love gives us a fairy tale.
Use any cookie cutter and add the following poem:
So remember while December
Brings the only Christmas Day,
In the year let there be Christmas
In the things you do and say;
Wouldn’t life be worth the living
Wouldn’t dreams be coming true
If we kept the Christmas spirit
All the whole year through?
Use a heart cookie cutter and the following poem:
Friendship is a gift that is fair in all things.
It roots from one’s heart and involves memories;
That stay not for a while but for a lifetime.
Having fun creating your own birdseed ornaments.