Newspaper Barrier Prevents Weeds
Did you know that a newspaper barrier prevents weeds in your flower garden? It is true! It helps cut down on weeding
• Use only the black and white printed sections, no sales inserts
• Spread out at least 5 pages at a time
• Cover the newspaper with mulch
• The newspaper will break down and become part of the soil
• You can easily cut a hole to add additional plants
Why It Works
As a general rule, plants need to grow towards the light. The newspaper will block out the sun. You will already have cut holes for your regular plants and mulched around them. It will not stop weeds completely, but it sure helps!
ADDITIONAL CATEGORIES: FEATHERED FRIENDS & BACKYARD GUESTS / PLANTING CONTAINERS / BACKYARD PROJECTS & CRAFTS / FLOWERS & PLANTS / LAWN & YARD CARE / GARDEN RECIPES / WILDFLOWERS / MIDWEST TRAVEL / SOUTHERN US TRAVEL / CRAFTS
AFFILIATE POLICY: Posts on this site may contain links to outside vendors that pay me a commission when you purchase from them, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting this site!